Thursday, May 9, 2013

My 21st Century Classroom





  • I chose the colors are red, green, blue, and yellow because a study shows that these colors help with academic achievement. Here is an article showing how the classroom design effects student learning I used circle desks because it gives the kids more space for the use of laptops, ipads, and all of their school work. This also is a great way for the kids to express their opinions to one another and do group work in this desk seating format. I put the teachers desk in the back of the classroom so that way the students focus is on the class assignment and the teaching for that day which would be presented in the front of the classroom. This setup of the classroom promotes a routine because each day the kids will work with the same classmates and have the same learning setting.The 21st Century Classrooms goal is to have the classroom be set up to the students interests.
    Organization matters in a classroom and contributes to learning because it is much easier to learn and to teach in an organized classroom where you know where everything is located and know how things work. Laptops will be available to the students. I will use these by bringing up the webpage or the
    technology tool for the day on the smart board that is located in the front of the classroom. I accommodate my students with exceptionalities by putting their desk group more towards my desk incase they are to have any questions and need easy access to me as their teacher and for me to be able to see if they are struggling more easily than I normally would. I will be sure to stay connected to my students through an email system, or through a Google account. Google is popular to all and would be very easy to have students learn about Google+, Chat, Google drive and all of the other tools Google has to offer. I plan on continuing to grow as a learner and a professional by keeping up to date on the latest teaching techniques through technology world, and teaching trainings that are available to me as an educator. 

1 comment: